When deciding which university to wait for the following four years, it really is therefore valuable to visit the educational college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting many different schools throughout the springtime of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a student on each campus. What would we eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? For me, it finally clicked when i came across a campus that I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and nevertheless be myself. We encourage all of our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we have pupils asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you determine to come to USC, here is an outline regarding the next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, in the event that you haven’t already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our site to get more information on how to apply for school funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus there is a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you’re perhaps not 100% sure you’re coming to USC next year, it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to hold your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a https://shmoop.pro/buy-cause-and-effect-essay/ great opportunity to spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you’ll additionally register for courses with a educational advisor. You shall be in a position to subscribe to an Orientation program 5 7 business days when you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your final high school transcript and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high level exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
For those who have questions which are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are very happy to help answer your questions and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what precisely does that mean?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any private institution in the country (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We think that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted into the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing students with the chance to interact with pupils from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called Overseas Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with pupils from ITAM, a top Mexican university, also as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing computer software.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to fulfill leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can improve their Spanish language skills by investing a summer living with a host family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils using the chance to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For a couple weeks, students will remain on-campus and investigate a problem that is worldwide in scope. They then travel to your area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on discovery. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Most recently, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it really is imperative that our students are exposed to different cultures, as well as obtaining the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re undoubtedly a place that is global!